So apparently my sister is trying (not so subtely) to encourage me to post more frequently. She was nominated for the Liebster award by my dad who was also nominated. My lovely sister decided to nominate me (as well as calling me out on her blog for not posting very often… love you too sis!) for this award. And since it’s been a while since I posted (I fully acknowledge that I should be called out…), I will use this opportunity to post!
Anyways, here’s a little more info on the Liebster award: From what I’ve read the Liebster award is an informal award chain given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 readers/followers. ‘Liebster’ in German means – dearest, sweetest, kindest, beloved….and all the nice words you can think of.
So first of all, thank to my wonderful sister for nominating me for this award. She’s got a pretty cool blog herself which you can find here.
And here are 11ish random (or not) facts about myself.
1. I have 3 boys. (2 that I gave birth to, and 1 that I married…)
2. I may be slightly paranoid and constantly on the look out for mass murderers, kidnappers and other criminals…. This may be due to watching Diagnosis Murder growing up and/or reading entirely too many murder mystery books….
3. I like playing Facebook games…. a lot…
4. My boys provide me with endless laughs and head shaking moments.
5. I adore reading… if I could read all day uninterrupted I would… I’m super excited because I just downloaded 46 new books onto my kindle! And they were all FREE! And there might (ok, yes there are) be a few murder mysteries in there….
6. I give away jewelry for free. It’s my job. It’s the coolest.
7. I am a mosquito magnet. The little blood-suckers love me. The feeling is NOT reciprocated.
8. I like to organize. Unfortunately it doesn’t stay that way, but I love to do it.
9. I love shopping. Any kind of shopping. Grocery shopping, clothes shopping, shoe shopping ( <—- THIS!!!!!), window shopping. Except for bathing suit shopping. That I greatly dislike.
10. I’m gardening for the first time ever! It’s kinda fun. I just harvested some sugar snap peas, and they are yummy!
11. I have this “need” to change something about my hair every 4-6 months… Hair cut, color change, perm. Something.
Wasn’t that fun? Now for the questions that my sister has chosen for me to answer:
The “Eleven” Questions: (She only chose eight.)
1. What writers/people have inspired you most?
I read too many things to have a specific writer that inspires me, but there are people. There’s my parents, who have been amazing examples of what a marriage should look like; what living as a Christian looks like and more. My science/math teacher in high school, Mrs. Patt. She was amazing. She had the ability to help you teach yourself, without it feeling like you were being ‘forced’ to learn something. There’s probably more, but I can’t remember right now.
2. What is your idea of a relaxing day?
Solitude and a book. Or shopping. Or both!
3. If you could have an alternate career, what would it be?
This is a tough one. I love what I’m doing now, but if I had to choose it would probably be an author. Or a professional shopper.
4. What is your favourite season and why?
I love spring. The smell of fresh dirt, and new things growing, it’s amazing. Especially after a long, cold, snowy winter. I hate winter, so spring coming means the end of cold. That makes me happy.
5. What is your greatest accomplishment?
This is another hard question. I don’t know that this question can truly be answered until after someone is dead. But so far, I think my greatest accomplishment is my kids. They are awesome, sometimes insane, but they are awesome.
6. If you could be any character from any story, who would you be, and why?
So. Many. To. Choose. From.
7. What is a great passion of yours?
Teenagers. I love this age group. I know most of you probably think I’m crazy, but it’s true. I can’t wait until my kids are in this stage. I love being a part of their lives and seeing them transition from childhood to adulthood. It’s so much fun.
8. What advancement in society would you most like to see by the time you turn 80, and why?
Time travel! And flying cars. Mostly the flying cars. I think that would be soo cool to be able to hop in my car, push a button and have wings pop out.
This is the part where I’m supposed to pass it on, but seeing as how the only blogs that I follow that have less than 200 followers have already been nominated, I can’t. But! If you’re new to this blog, and want to pass it on to yourself, feel free! Comment with your blog link, and I can pass on the info.
P.S. For the newbies (and the oldbies), I have some new content that will be added. Someday. Hopefully soon. As long as the kids refrain from locking me out of the house.